There are two way to connect to your Google Analytics data. In this video we set up a connection by granting Data Pipelines read-only permission to access your Google Analytics account.
You can connect multiple accounts. This is useful where you have more than one Google account with each being able to access a different set of Google Analytics views.
Connecting with a Google Service Account
In addition to the above method, accessing your data using your own service account is also possible by following these steps:
- If you haven't already, create a Google Service Account
- Go to Actions -> Manage Keys -> Add Key
- Create a JSON key and keep it safe and secure. You will need to paste this into the Credentials JSON field
- Go to Google Analytics UI
- Go to Admin -> View User Management -> Add Users
- Enter the client email address from the service account (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select permission: Read & Analyze
- Click Add
Once you have added a connection you will be able to query your GA data and view it in a tabular format. You can combine it with data from other sources and set up automated reporting.